The Future of E-Commerce for Brick-and-Mortar Retailers
Retailers are back in business — at least those that survived the COVID-19 pandemic. But the toll it exacted on commerce at large has been substantial.
The pandemic has already created several new paradigms, including:
- A sharp rise in Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPIS).
- Food and grocery delivery defining a new (and likely permanent) frontier.
- Retail subscription packages emerging to compete with top brands.
- Integrations with third-party applications and marketplaces.
- Reverse supply chain growth.
With the above information in mind, this white paper explores the degree to which COVID-19 widened the gap between digital and physical store operations, how resilient brick-and-mortar retailers adapted, and what the future of e-commerce may look like.